Agnes Janich is a visual artist. She does photography, film, multimedia installation & performance.
A monograph of her works, accompanied by essays of Thyrza Nichols Goodeve, PhD, Artforum, and Lyle Rexer, Aperture, was out in 2012 with Fotohof Edition.
A graduate of the School of Visual Arts in New York, she has presented her work in, among others:
- the 9th Sharjah Biennial
- the Galapagos Art Space, New York, NY
- the Maison Europeene de la Photographie in Paris, FR ( as part of the Asian-European Foundation Grant )
- the Central European House of Photography in Bratislava, SL
- the Progr Art Center in Bern, CH
- the Bergen Museum of Art, NO
- the Fotomuseum Winterthur, CH
- the Kunsthalle Exnergasse, Vienna, AT ( curated by Claudia M.Stemberger & Kathrin Becker, NBK Berlin )
- the Auschwitz Jewish Center, Oswiecim, & MOCAK, Krakow, PL
- the International Contemporary Art Foundation 3,14, Bergen, NO
- the MLAC, Rome, IT.
Agnes Janich has been awarded grants and artist’s residencies from, among others :
• the Polish Embassy in Bern, CH
• the Polish Institute in Moscow, RU
• the Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, US
• Villa Straeuli, CH
• the Polish Consulate in Barcelona, ES
• Koli Cultural Center Artist’s Residency, Koli, FI
• representing Poland at ASEF Conference, Paris Photo, FR
• the Polish Institute, Vienna, AT.
Her work has been reviewed by influential art critics worldwide, such as:
- Daniele Muscionico for Neue Zuercher Zeitung ( Swiss nationwide daily )
- Monika Malkowska for Rzeczpospolita ( Polish nationwide daily )
- Silas Marti for La Feulha de Sao Paulo ( Brazilian nationwide daily )
- Marek Szafranski for Gazeta Wyborcza ( Polish nationwide daily )
- Jena Opoldusova for Pravda ( Slovakian nationwide daily )
- Melanie Kolbrunner for Landbote ( Swiss nationwide daily )
- Oliver Good for The National ( UAE nationwide daily )
- Der Standard ( Austrian nationawide daily )
- LeMonde.Fr ( French online daily ).
Agnes Janich has worked with Galerie Walter Keller, Zurich and Galerie C, Neuchatel, Switzerland.